Tuesday 11 October 2011

Crimean Pictures

This is the CRIMEAN PICTURES logo.

crimean pictures

It was drawn by Rod Williams about 13 years ago. I love the way that Rod has captured the dusty old fashioned feel in his drawing. It was our intent to have the logo look like it could have been from the 30's or 40's.

Crimean Pictures is named after my friend John Crimean.  John and I plus Larry Millican and David Mossman made films together as far back as 1980.  When you hear the word 'CRIMEAN' you immediately think of the Crimean war, or something very dusty and old - exactly what I wanted.

For my film THE HAMMERS, we filmed a group of actors performing the 'punch' action in our logo with a prop silent camera, a director with a bull horn and the crew wearing pork pie hats....

One day I hope to reshoot this scene again as a Claymation.... Roll em!

No comments:

Post a Comment